Admin Asst, OME
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant for Medical Education Office position is to provide high level support to the Associate Dean and Director(s) of the Office of Medical Education for the School of Medicine.
A day in the life of an Administrative Assistant for Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs a wide variety of support duties such as printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and e-mail/messages; sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories
- Compose and prepare letters relating to routine correspondence for the Associate Dean's signature.
- Receives, screens, triages, answers questions and problem solves - phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of complex questions with tact and diplomacy to reach an appropriate resolution.
- Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Associate Dean.
- Set up in-person and conference call meetings, as requested, including recording and archiving of notes, generation of handouts, arranging for food and beverage as needed.
- Assure compliance with university policies and procedures with respect to travel arrangements, timecard approval, purchasing, expense reimbursement Generate purchase orders and expense reimbursements.
- Purchase and inventory equipment and supplies.
- Maintain calendars of the staff of the OME Coordinate visits to the OME by external individuals, including meeting scheduling, assistance in travel and parking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required, Bachelors degree is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Ability to type and compose correspondence for signature, coordinate schedules and activities, exercise discretion and communicate efficiently.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong computer and typing skills required, including expertise with Microsoft suite of software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and possibly Access.
- Proficient in use of Internet required.
- Significant experience providing executive-level support in a university/college setting; demonstration of exceptional skills in coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve complex objectives, exceptional oral and written communication skills, and prior administrative experience.
- Strong written language communication skills are required; individual must compose documents.
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills required.
- Excellent communication/customer service skills, ability to understand perspectives of a multi-faceted team and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must
- Must be able to work independently, as well as be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment
- Having a growth mindset is very important to be successful in this role
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.