Admin Asst, Faculty Dvlpmnt
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Admin Asst, Faculty Development position is to provide high level support to the Associate/Assistant Dean and Director(s) for the Faculty Development Office in the School of Medicine. This position will provide administrative and general office support to include personal and telephone reception, preparation of correspondence, data input, and filing.
1. Provides primary administrative support to the Associate/Assistant Dean and/or Directors of Faculty Development, to include scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, organizing travel arrangements, preparing/organizing/filing correspondence and managing calendars. This position is critical in being proactive and demonstrating initiative to the office's project management processes. Investigates, organizes and inputs pertinent information into constituent management software.
2. Coordinates and plans meeting locations, dates, and related arrangements. Organizes and prepares training materials; communicates with internal/external trainers, volunteers (when present), and attendees regarding training sessions and/or meetings; records notes and minutes; documents and distributes evaluation materials and action items for follow-up.
3. Assists the Associate/Assistant Dean and/or Directors of Faculty Development with key department projects/priorities, to include reviewing reports and assisting with planning as directed by the Faculty Development office. Prepares reports/forms, travel authorizations, and other disbursement requests.
4. Assists the Associate and Assistant Deans/Directors of Development with administrative support of special projects such as data entry and limited content updating, as required.
5. Must be available to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
6. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
7. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Associate's Degree or Vocational or Technical School degree.
2. Minimum of 3 years' of relevant work experience.
3. Must have experience providing executive-level support in a university/college setting; demonstration of exceptional skills in coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve complex objectives, exceptional oral and written communication skills, and prior administrative experience.
4. Must possess a demonstrated ability to manage a workload of diverse tasks and organize and prioritize workflow.
5. Strong computer and typing skills required, including expertise with Microsoft suite of software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and possibly Access. Proficient in use of Internet required.
6. Ability to type and compose correspondence for signature, coordinate schedules and activities, exercise discretion and communicate efficiently. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently on a variety of tasks.
7. Strong written language communication skills are required; individual must compose complex documents. Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills required.
8. Strong oral communication skills are required; individual must be able to communicate with others in person, over the telephone, and in small and large meetings, and may also deliver presentations to large groups.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.