How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The X-Ray Technician assumes primary responsibility for a variety of duties in preparing patients for radiographic examinations as directed and in accordance with physician's orders and standard procedures.
A day in the life of a X-Ray Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares and positions patients correctly for specific examinations (radiographic/fluoroscopic) observing special requirements of each with minimum accuracy of 99%.
- Regularly updates knowledge of techniques and regulations appropriate to the ages of patients served. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
- Prepares all opaque contrast media used in various examinations with an accuracy rate of 100%
- Develops and processes films on an on-going basis within (5) minutes of completion of procedure with a minimum accuracy rate of 99%.
- Operates portable radiographic equipment at bedside and in the operating room and emergency room.
- Translates physician's orders involving technical-surgical procedures into appropriate radiographic procedures with a minimum accuracy rate of 99%.
- Always demonstrates competence in collimation, positions radiographic equipment at proper distance and angel from patient's body in order to present a clear, undistorted view and adjusts cone to direct a concentration of rays on the specific area.
- Identifies equipment malfunctions and make simple adjustments; troubleshoots and notifies supervisor.
- As charge technologists, assume responsibility and prepares reports and work activities and distributes to supervisor.
- Regularly performs basic nursing functions in regards to patient care; assumes care for physician and psychological needs of patient during examinations and procedures; initiates life support measures for patients, if necessary.
- Regularly updates knowledge of techniques and regulations appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Maintains a clean, safe, orderly work area, observing all prescribed safety and hygienic procedures established, to avoid possible injuries, exposure and contamination.
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service resulting in positive and improving patient satisfaction scores for department and Medical Center.
- Monitors inventory levels and supplies throughout the department and notifies supervisor of replacement needs with a minimum accuracy rate of 95%.
- Always obtains and examines the request for a radiographic examination in order to be aware of information such as procedures requested, patients condition, and any other special notes and comments with 100% accuracy.
- Transports patients safely, on the proper transportation device both to and from the radiology department and other designated areas as needed.
- Regularly performs general office duties; answering phones, filing, scheduling patients, maintain patient records, etc; functions as a department receptionist, as requested.
- Continuously ensures that all charges are properly recorded.
- As required, assumes responsibility for portions of the department Quality Assurance/Improvement Program.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- N.J. state licensed in Diagnostic Radiography.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.