Unit Secretary - PMC-Floats - Part-time days without Benefits
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
- Transcribes and transmits doctor's orders to appropriate areas under supervision of a registered nurse, and confers with the charge nurse and/or nurse assigned to patient, regarding scheduling patients activities and tests. Consistently follows up on written and oral instructions; promptly reports matters requiring immediate nursing intervention.
- Performs clerical functions for physicians within the Unit Secretary's sphere of responsibility.
- Answers telephone and calls light system, takes messages, and communicates messages to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Prepares and keeps current census sheet, TPR logs, acuity sheets, transportation log, dietary requisitions and other forms, and delivers them to the proper department as necessary.
- Compiles new charts, maintains current charts, and enters patient information on the charts and computers.
- Replenishes charts with MD order sheets, progress notes, consult sheets, and other sheets as necessary making sure that all sheets have patient identification stickers. Places telemetry sticker in progress notes for all patients on telemetry on a daily basis.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required; minimum of six months clerical experience preferred.
- Computer competent required.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.