Storeroom Clerk- Per Diem- Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health.
- Receives and checks all incoming orders for the Food Service Department, and stores the supplies in the appropriate areas.
- Receives all incoming supplies for the Food Services Department, checking the orders to ensure they correspond with the invoice or delivery ticket.
- Checks the physical condition of supplies when checking in the orders (ex: opening a case of tomatoes, or lettuce to check the quality of the items), and notifies a manager if a problem occurs.
- Responsible for storing all supplies in their proper locations. All food items being stored must be rotated on a "First In First Out" system. All items must be dated.
- Responsible for filling requisitions for food that leaves the department, and supplies for the cafeteria.
- Maintains the storerooms, refrigerators, and freezers, to ensure compliance of proper storage of foods. All dry goods must be stored 6" off the ground and 18" below sprinkler heads. All food stored in refrigerators must be stored 6" off the ground. Minimum accuracy rate of 95%.
- All perishable food must be stored within one hour of delivery.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous storeroom work helpful.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.