Speech Pathologist - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Speech Pathologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Responsibility for evaluating, planning and implementing a goal oriented Speech Pathology treatment program that focuses on speech-language disorder, swallowing impairments/dysfunction, and cognitive functioning to achieve an optimal level of independence
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate
- Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals, while considering both the patient’s and caregiver’s goals in the formulation of the plan of care
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement
- Provides and documents education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner
- Current and valid New Jersey Speech Pathologist license and CCC is required
- A minimum of 1 year of licensed Speech Pathologist
- Previous subacute/LTC experience preferred
- Previous inpatient and outpatient experience preferred
- CPR certification preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
- MBS experience is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.