Security Officer - Full Time - Day
Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more!!!
The Security Officer will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of patients, team members, physicians, visitors, students and Medical Center property. These responsibilities include but are not limited to continuous surveillance, reporting and documenting all incidents and remaining sensitive to the need for delivery of quality guest services and assistance to all persons visiting the Medical Center.
- Make continuous patrols throughout the Medical Center to observe and take corrective action regarding violations and detrimental conditions related to security and safety of patients, visitors, team members, students and property either on foot or in a vehicle. Security Team Members act as visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities.
- Respond to calls and codes for security assistance by any person within the Medical Center and take proper action including responding quickly and effectively to emergent and non-emergent situations including all Codes in a timely manner.
- Provide continuous coverage of the Medical Center, controlling access to the area and assisting patients and visitors as necessary. Challenges unauthorized persons in a professional and courteous manner, issues appropriate passes, and enforces policies and procedures of the Medical Center.
- Maintain and control access to all facilities owned or operated, leased or owned by Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Expedite and ensure safe flow of traffic through the Medical Center parking lots while enforcing parking regulations.
- Conduct preliminary and/or detailed investigations of all unusual occurrences falling under the realm of security matters including but not limited to interviewing witnesses, obtaining signatures and collecting accurate information.
- Respond to fire drills and perform fire watches; facilitate fire department inspections scheduled by regional safety function
- Provide escorts to team members and visitor vehicles as requested within jurisdiction.
- Report for duty in a clean and complete Medical Center issued uniform, including photo identification badge and security officer breast badge.
- Make continuous inspections of outer buildings, grounds, and parking lots. Works with facilities for detection of fire and life safety hazards
- Inspects all packages leaving the Medical Center when necessary and according to policy.
- Prepares and submits computerized security incident reports before the end of shift.
- Completes and submits a daily activity log at completion of tour of duty.
- Maintains all departmental security equipment in good operating condition and reports all damage immediately to the Security Leader.
- Always keeps Security Leaders informed of all matters pertinent to safety and security conditions.
- Has knowledge of and abides by all Medical Center Code of Conduct regulations and departmental procedures and policies including parking regulations.
- Completes all in-service training, lectures and programs as assigned.
- Attend all mandatory meetings (departmental or special).
- Subject to all weather conditions; will be required to work in all areas of the Medical Center, including parking lots, grounds and outer buildings as requested.
- Will be required to perform duties as assigned by Security leadership and execute physical security component of emergency management plan upon occurrence of an emergency
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 2 years of college credits.
- Previous experience as Security Officer or Law Enforcement experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Possession of a valid driver's license
- Full scale State, County, Federal, and License Check will be conducted every other year.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.