How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the incumbent is responsible for recreational therapy evaluation, treatment planning, treatment implementaiton, documentation and patient/family education. The incumbent also performs other professional duties and participates in department/facility initiatives as assigned.
A day in the life of a Recreational Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Evaluates patients according to department policies/procedures and follows standards of practice.
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of patients'diagnoses.
- Integrates and synthesizes evaluation results, behavioral observations and information obtained from history to develop accurate recreation therapy diagnosis, goals, prognosis and plan of care.
- Administers appropriate assessment tools accurately and efficiently.
- Conducts follow-up and communicates findings.
- Establishes functional, measurable, and realistic short and long term goals.
- Actively involves patient/family participation in establishing goals.
- Establishes and follows through with a treatment plan based on evidence based practice. Makes appropriate referrals.
- Tools selected for treatment are based on diagnosis and evaluation information.
- Intervention modalities include but are not limited to leisure education/leisure skills, leisure time management, social skills, cognition, multi-sensory stim, CRS, behavior management, community reintegration, patient/family brain injury education and training.
- Documentation is in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Collects and records accurate data/information in a manner that reflects an understanding of reimbursement systems and their impact on patient care.
- Records charges based on services provided.
- Follows department guideline for productivity.
- Recognizes need for assistive technology or equipment.
- Utilizes equipment effectively to complete the evaluation/therapy session.
- Handles equipment with care leaving the evaluation/therapy site in order for the next session.
- Trained on the facility vehicles for transporting patients for community reintegration purposes.
- Entry level, 1 year experience preferred
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college with a specialization in Therapeutic Recreation
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist - CTRS - Required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.