Recreation Therapist at The Harborage
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Recreational Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Complete assessment of each resident that identifies recreational therapy needs
- Create and implement individual care plans and therapies
- Document quarterly/annual progress for each resident
- Create Activities Calendar that meets the full range of diversified programs, including: Physical, Social, intellectual, Creative, Sensory, Spiritual, and Community
- Educate staff regarding the role of the Recreation therapist
- Participate in the development and review of policies and practices
- Understand and meet all government requirements, including documentation, certification, continuing education, and reporting
- Maintain confidentiality of all information
- Maintain all documentation and complete all administrative requirements, as required
- Regular contact with, residents, resident's family/significant others and visitors Frequent contact and consulting with Medical Center personnel, outside agencies and referral services
- College degree in Recreation, Music, or Art Therapy preferred
- CTRS certified/eligible preferred
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other staff members
- Effective communicator
- Casework and group experience preferred
- Long-term care facility experience preferred
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations’ preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.