Employee Health manager/healthcare provider. Providing oversight to the department, physicals, PPD, FIT testing, medical surveillance and other related responsibilities. Licensed in NJ.
- Obtains a detailed and accurate history, and identifies problems and presents information to the supervising physician.
- Orders or prescribes medication subject to the following: no controlled substances, the order or prescription is administered in accordance with protocols or specific MD directions; the prescription states whether it is written in accordance with a protocol or specific MD directions; the physician assistant signs his/her own name and license number, as well as the supervising physician.
- Assists a supervising physician in the operating room when a qualified assistant physician is not require, and a second assistant is deemed necessary by the supervising surgeon.
- Assists supervising physician in procedure room when a qualified physician is present and it is deemed that a qualified assistant physician is not needed.
- Writes post operative / post procedure note and orders for supervising physicians.
- Performs line as a 'first line' person responsible for all the post procedure management of patients requested by the primary physician.
- Starts IV, inserts foley catheters and nasogastric tubes, irrigates foley catheters, orders transfusion of blood and products, venipuncture and debriefments.
- Participates in research trials collecting, aggregating and entering data.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e. age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.) This process includes communicating with the patient, parent parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc)
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Successful completion of an approved physician's assistant program, accredited by the AMA council on Medical Education.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Physician Assistant License
2. Certification by the National Commission for Certified Physician Assistants (NCCPA) within one year of initial employment by the Medical Center
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.