Perioperative Associate - PMC-Operating Room -Part-time days without Benefits
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Perioperative Associate at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs clerical functions within the Unit: Answers telephone in a timely manner, takes messages, and communicates messages to the appropriate person.
- Transcribes and transmits physician’s orders to appropriate areas under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Schedules patients in the scheduling system for Endoscopy, infusions, blood transfusions, injections and OR cases. Enters add-on cases in the scheduling system.
- Maintains an organized system for scheduling patients by ensuring all scheduled cases have a confirmation number entered on the booking sheet, the booking sheet is faxed to the physician’s office as a confirmation and the booking sheets are filed appropriately. Communicates clearly to the Director or designee, of any scheduling issues.
- Assembles patient charts correctly. Maintains correct format of forms in patient’s chart, utilizes forms with correct language (Spanish or English), ensures they are complete (contain the correct label, each page is labeled. Makes sure the H&P, orders and lab work are in the chart).
- Enters patient information on the chart and in the computer system paying close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confirms that the account number on the patient label matches the account number in the computer, to prevent two different account numbers being used at the same time for documentation.
- Adheres to the current HIPAA regulations concerning patient and employee confidentiality, safeguards all medical information.
- Coordinates with the Charge Nurse in facilitating the progression of the OR, ENDO and infusion schedules. Maintains an understanding of where the schedule is at any given time (who is in surgery, what patient is next for endo, who needs to be admitted).
- Calls patients into the unit from the waiting room in order of surgical time and properly identifies them with the name and medical record number. Provides clear instructions to the patients and their families.
- Updates and prints OR/ENDO schedules from the scheduling system
- Discharges patients from the computer system in a timely fashion.
- Disassembles all charts of discharged patients within the same shift that the patient was discharged from the hospital and placed in designated area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years clerical experience in a hospital
- Computer competent: able to utilize Word, Excel, Envision, ORSOS
- Scheduling experience preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.