Patient Care Technician Emergency Room
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-acutely ill patients, and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the unit and/or district.
knowledge and skill necessary to evaluate and provide care appropriate to age of patients on the unit.
2. Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
3. Performs venipuncture for laboratory tests
4. Performs 15 Lead Electrocardiogram and correct placement of cardiac monitoring leads 12/15.
5. Obtains clinical data, temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, O2 saturation and documents findings in patient record and notifies RN immediately of abnormal results.
6. Assists the patients with dressing/undressing and placing patient belongings in the appropriate bag labeled with completed property checklist.
7. Applies bandages, slings, compression boots and hypothermia blankets according to standard as directed by RN.
8. Checks and maintains code cart, O2, and other emergency medical equipment as directed.
9. Reports all untoward observations and changes in patient condition to the RN.
10. Provides post mortem care
11. Monitors the return of clothing to family of patient.
12. Demonstrates a reliable and dependable ability to follow through with designated responsibilities in the collecting, labeling, and transporting of specimens to the proper area at the appropriate time: always correctly labels type of specimen collected, including patients name and room number.
13. Completes Patient Belonging Form on admission and instructs patient in regards to correct storage of patients’ valuables, eye glasses and dentures; use of equipment, bed controls nurse/patient communication systems; and location of bathroom and emergency call signal. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
14. Ensures delivery of excellent customer service resulting in positive and improving patient satisfaction scores for department and Medical
- High School Graduate required.
- Possess National PCT Certification required,
- Possess New Jersey State Certified Nursing Assistant required.
- Possess Certified Medical Assistant, or Phlebotomist & EKG Tech National certification required.
- Current AHA, BLS, CPR certification. required.
- One year of Patient Care Technician experience preferred.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.