Patient Care Technician
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to evaluate and provide care appropriate to age of patients on the unit.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Performs venipuncture for laboratory tests
- Performs 15 Lead Electrocardiogram and correct placement of cardiac monitoring leads 12/15.
- Obtains clinical data, temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, O2 saturation and documents findings in patient record and notifies RN immediately of abnormal results.
- Assists the patients with dressing/undressing and placing patient belongings in the appropriate bag labeled with completed property checklist.
- High School Graduate.
- Possess National PCT Certification, certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, or Phlebotomist & EKG Tech National certification required.
- Current BLS required.
- One year of Patient Care Technician experience preferred.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.