How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
- Performs all assigned duties and responsibilities according to Pathology Department and Medical Center standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work area observing all Medical Center and Laboratory Safety, Infection Control and Hygienic procedures as established to avoid possible injuriesAnd/or exposures.
- Accessions pathology specimens, verifies and confirms their identity and matches with requisition.
- Investigates all incorrectly labeled and missing specimens. During the accessing process select the appropriate CPT and enter into the system for the proper billing.
- Identifies, describes and submits pathology specimens for tissue processing under the direction of a Pathologist.
- Prepares frozen section specimens for examination by the Pathologist.
- Prepares, stains and covers all cytology specimens for examination by the Pathologist.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.