How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- Prepares rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment necessary for each individual surgical procedure as outlined in the departmental policy and procedure manual; refers to the physician’s preference book for special needs, equipment, or instruments of the surgeon performing the scheduled operation.
- Demonstrates competence in assisting the surgical team during operative procedures.
- Consistently passes instruments, sponges, sutures, and suction tubes to surgeon and surgical assistants, as requested, in such a manner that the surgeon need not to divert attention from the operating field.
- Remains alert during procedures and demonstrates anability to handle unexpected situations with calm efficiency.
- Follows departmental procedures in: scrubbing, hand drying, gowning, gloving, and observing for contamination and /or breaks in aseptic technique.
- Demonstrates close attention to details of aseptic technique at all times.
- Satisfactory completion of an approved Operating Room Technician course and/or a graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing with current NJ licensure.
- Minimum of one year Operating Room experience.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.