Occupational Therapist at Harborage - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of an Occupational Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient's needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate.
- Administering evaluations in a manner appropriate to the patient's disability, demonstrating respect for the patient's needs.
- Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals,.
- Developing and implementing individualized treatment programs based on established goals.
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement.
- Recommending and providing education related to utilization of appropriate occupational therapy equipment (i.e. assistive devices, taping, bracing).
- Providing and documenting education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school is preferred
- A current and valid New Jersey Occupational Therapy license is required
- CPR certification is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.