Nursing Assistant - PMC-ICU/CCU - Part-time day with Benefits
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- Participates in patient assignment conferences with the Registered Nurse in charge of the unit and/or district and fully understands patient assignment.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height, weight, I&O, and other measurements as applicable, in an accurate and precise manner. Records all vital signs immediately after taking, in the log book and reports all variations from normal to the Registered Nurse in charge of the unit and/or district. Demonstrates competence and an awareness and understanding of patients needs for comfort and safety, in providing morning, evening and general care routines in accordance with established Nursing Care Procedures and the hospital’s Administrative Policies and Procedures.
- Prepares patients for meals, sets up each patient and their tray, assists in feeding patients (if necessary)., positions patients to avoid choking and ease in eating: regularly
- provides patients with fresh water (at least once a shift) and other nourishments according to patients needs. Utilizing knowledge of techniques and regulations
- appropriate to the ages of patients served. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
- Demonstrates competence in performing treatments and procedures such as enemas, applications of heat and cold compresses, sitz bath, skin preps and EKG’s.
- Records and/or reports to the Registered nurse in charge of the unit and/or district, any treatments, results, observations, patient complaints, and other pertinent information regarding the condition of the patient.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
2. Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant/Technician Training Program.
3. New Jersey State Nursing Assistant Certification
4. American Heart Healthcare Provider BCLS certification.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.