Mental Health Worker
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Mental Health Worker at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assess patients in the mental health emergency room, on inpatient units, or off-site, for treatment needs, including needs for referral to other hospitals/services.
- Utilizes knowledge of techniques, and regulations appropriate to the ages and conditions of the patients served.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately with patients and their families while responding promptly to their inquires and requests.
Develops an effective and appropriate treatment/referral plan that directly corresponds with the patient needs as identified through those assessment.
Coordinates with any and all necessary other mental health providers to continue patient's treatment.
Makes all necessary arrangements with and communicates all necessary information to these providers to meet the patients needs as determined through the assessment.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field.
- Minimum of two years of post-Bachelor's experience in mental health or State of New Jersey Division of Mental Health Services approved equivalent experience.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.