The Medical Secretary performs a variety of secretarial and administrative duties for the assigned physicians, section chiefs or chairman relating to the organization and management of the department.
1. Schedules appointments, meetings or conferences for departmental personnel utilizing interdepartmental and/or hospital wide computerized scheduling systems.
2. Enters inpatient and outpatient profession charges on medical billing system.
3. Composes and prepares correspondences.
4. Uses knowledge of medical terminology to transcribe patient information from written copy, electronic equipment or verbal direction.
5. Files reports, prepares documents, and forwards correspondence.
6. Prioritizes call through screening process; transfer calls, records messages and delivers to appropriate personnel.
7. Reviews, screens and distributes daily mail correspondence to appropriate personnel.
8. Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
9. Maintains up-to-date departmental manuals and files.
10. Assists in coordination of special projects.
11. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.