Manager, Mental Health
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Manager of Mental Health for Palisades Medical Center’s Emergency Department. Responsible for supervising mental health staff for the delivery of mental health care to emergency department patients. Responsible for training, evaluating, and scheduling staff.
A day in the life of a Manager, Mental Health at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Supervision and oversight of emergency room mental health staff and behavioral health paraprofessionals, their daily activities, scheduling, and payroll
- Coordinate with PMC psychiatrists for on-site consultations, including assistance with necessary forms and processes.
- Coordinate with regional mental health centers and staff to facilitate timely referrals for mental health patients from the ER. This includes interactions with County and State officials and regular attendance at monthly meetings.
- Coordinate mental health services within the hospital, including attendance at hospital meetings.
- Assist Director of Mental Health in managing the departmental budget, quality improvement, and regulatory issues including full compliance with state and federal regulations/surveys.
- Assist in coordinating Employee Assistance Program and WeCare program to assist local employees with mental health needs
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in Social Work.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Mental Health field.
- Clinical knowledge of the DSM-5, basic psychiatric/mental health issues, patient assessment and the ability to create short term treatment plans.
- Familiarity with mental health system of care, including psychiatric voluntary and involuntary inpatient services, psychiatric outpatient services, and psychiatric intensive outpatient services.
- Ability to provide leadership and conflict resolution in an emergency room setting
- Confidence in critical thinking skills and ability for interactions with, and to make presentations to, other hospital staff.
- General computer skills including competence with Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Familiarity with New Jersey Department of Mental Health and Addictions processes and regulations.
- Familiarity with Epic electronic health record platform.
- Basic or advanced knowledge of addictions issues and treatment.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- New Jersey Licensed Social Worker (LSW).
- New Jersey Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- New Jersey Basic Mental Health Screening Certification.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.