Manager, Marketing & Public Relations /Communications
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Manager of Marketing and PR/Communications for Palisades Medical Center reports to the Director of Marketing Northern Region, the Director of Communications Northern Region and the Sr. Director of Public Relations. Responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive marketing plans including objectives, strategies and programs designed to support overall strategy of Palisades Medical Center; as well as for strategic public relations support for the organization and serves as public spokesperson for the hospital with media.
A day in the life of a Manager, Marketing & Public Relations Communications, at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Responsible for advancing strategic public relations initiatives, special event planning, building and managing relationships with key stakeholders in the community, supporting the hospital public and media relations function, supporting printed collateral projects including internal and external publications.
- Manages internal communications channels for team members and medical staff for the medical center.
- Educates the public about center activities, treatment innovations, research programs and scientific breakthroughs using a variety of tactics including thought leadership, media relations and other communications tools and tactics.
- Responsible for building awareness, reputation, preference and strategic volume for the medical center.
- Responsible for overseeing advertising plans and work with Brand Strategy team to ensure brand identity while communicating innovation and elevating brand credentials.
- Interfaces with senior hospital leadership to understand hospital business plans and key areas of growth.
- Will work collaboratively with integrated marketing/communication teams to leverage all new media and traditional channels. 8.Develops marketing plan and ensures progress is regularly communicated through to leadership.
- Ensures data is used to support market planning and to identify market share development opportunities.
- Effectively implements advertising plan and ensures direct outreach efforts show measurable impact on awareness and volume growth for PMC.
- Manages development of all marketing collateral/assets and necessary content generation.
- Designs marketing strategies to support brand positioning; maintains responsibility for consistent execution of brand across all marketing and communication vehicles.
- Develop, create and distribute differentiating content that helps build awareness and credibility of the Medical Center.
- Lead the strategic development of Medical Center's public relations and communications plan, including, social media which support the overall communications strategy.
- Responsible for hospital-wide event coordination, including high profile events involving seniors and other target audiences, as well as strategically partnering with Community Outreach.
- Develops and implements events and programs to support the strategic objectives of the hospital.
- Develop and implement outbound PR and social media communications, strategies, and tactics that support the overall communications strategy.
- Aligns with HMH Network social strategy through regular collaboration interface with Network social team. Oversee social media tactical implementation for PMC.
- Drive and create the internal communications strategy, messaging, and activation.
- Proactively identify media opportunities, pitch angles, and cultivate regional, national and global relationships with journalists to ensure flawless media relations.
- Effectively position physicians and leaders as go-to resources for their specialty areas through digital content, video storytelling, media relations, press releases, and other PR channels.
- Ensure brand standards are met in all communications in tone and message.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Must have prior marketing, communications, and healthcare experience.
- Must be able to present at senior leadership and physician forums.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
- Bilingual on Spanish.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.