Maintenence Technician, The Harborage
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
- Perform building repairs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work to be completed in accordance with established procedures and regulations, as directed by supervisor.
- Notifies supervisor concerning repair status, incomplete repairs, or need for further intervention.
- Responds to and repairs maintenance requests, including, plumbing, beds, A/C & heating, lights, wheelchairs, small machines, and painting.
- Checks water temperature, fire, smoke.CO alarms, and safety/exit lighting.
- Checks and maintains safety equipment and provides full generator test support.
- Maintains logs and reports as required by regulations.
- Duties refer to all areas of facility, such as patient’s rooms, common areas, entrance, stairwells, elevators, hallways, etc.
- Ensure patient’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights are followed.
- Available for emergency work, including overtime and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Three years’ experience in Healthcare/LC environment doing maintenance work.
- Experience in light plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, plastering.
- Must be able to work at heights, including ladder and roof.
- Must be able to operate and use all equipment and supplies in a safe and efficient manner.
- Safety oriented.
- Understanding of Federal, State, and local regulations and compliance.
- Must be able to work alternating weekends.
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.