Maintenance Person-Per Diem-Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Healthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system. As a food service associate you will enjoy working with a team of energized peers who together orchestrate a top level food service experience. You are joining a team that prides itself as top ranked in the country for health care dining.The Maintenance Repair Worker will assist with the repair and maintenance of all equipmentand machinery in accordance with operational manuals, manufacturer's specifications, and/or diagrams and drawings. Using hand, power tools and testing equipment.
- Perform basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC installations and repair.
- Perform Life Safety Preventative Maintenance
- Conduct tours and respond to minor leaks and concerns throughout facility
- Perform minor carpentry repair like drywall, ceiling tiles, floor tile, cove base and painting
- Perform minor plumbing repairs like faucet replacement, clearing clogged drains and isolating
or containing plumbing leaks.
- Perform minor electrical repairs like bulb replacement, non-energized switch or outlet
- Lubricates and cleans mechanical parts like pumps, motors, bearings, belts and filters
- Perform minor HVAC repairs like troubleshooting temperature issues, adjusting valves and
dampers, replacing air filters.
- Perform minor building and grounds maintenance.
- Utilizes electrical and mechanical tools, hand tools, ladders, scaffolds, lifts, gauges, meters,
etc. to perform required work.
- Reports defective facilities equipment to proper trade or supervisor
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8
hours a day.
- Utilize a computerized maintenance management system, CMMS, to receive and complete
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- 4 years vocational High School or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year in related work.
- Stands, walks, reaches most of the day and handles light and medium weight tools, objects
and equipment, frequently moves equipment up to50 lbs., works on ladders and scaffolds.
- Changing conditions depending on job; noise, dirt, dust, fumes, grease, water, steam,
refrigerants, Plant Operational compounds and various other hazards
- Required to work any day or night shift as needed.
- Indoor and outdoor work.
- Hazards: Cuts, bruises, strains, and falls.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.