Housekeeping Aide, Harborage - Starting at $15.00
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Housekeeper at Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing and Rehab at Shrewsbury can be described as follows:
Performs assigned duties in accordance with facility policies and procedures, and state/federal guidelines to ensure facility is clean, floors are maintained, and linen is cleaned and distributed for residents. Follow all guidelines for Infection Control as per OSHA.
Trash is disposed �of and garbage is emptied as per assignment. Provides clean and sanitary living conditions for the Residents and staff.
- Empties trash from Resident rooms
- Cleans dining room, tables and chairs
- Cleans utility room
- Cleans and checks supplies in Resident rooms
- Cleans bathrooms available according to Resident presence
- Maintains all cleaning equipment
Complete floor cleaning and maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Dusts and mops all floors, main corridor, days rooms, hallways, dining rooms and PT room
- Cleans, mops and resupplies restrooms, tubrooms
- Takes trash off all floors
- Picks up outside ground area
- Sweeps and mops stairwells
Responsible for a full range of laundry duties to maintain a fresh linen supply and care of Resident’s personal clothing.
- Secures soiled linen hampers and clothing from designated areas and transport to laundry in covered containers
- Sorts and washes linen and clothing
- Dries and fold linen and clothing and returns to supply area and patient room
- Maintains hampers and carts in clean, sanitary condition
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.