Director, Development, Palisades Medical Center
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Reporting to the Vice President, Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation, the Director of Development for PMC is responsible for managing the fundraising for critical areas of need as determined by the strategic plan of PMC. The Director manages a portfolio of donors and prospects with a capacity to give $100,000 or more.
A day in the life of a Director of Development Palisades Medical Center at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Develops, executes, and monitors a comprehensive development program for the assigned areas in the hospital. Responsible for setting and achieving goals within budget.
- Takes the lead on coordination with planned giving, annual fund, grants, and strategic events departments on the successful implementation of related fundraising programs and achievement of goals in these areas.
- Engages board members and friends to host awareness building and networking forums. Recruit hosts for and coordinate appropriate cultivation gatherings of prospects at various educational, social and hospitality events offered at the Medical Center. Manage cultivation events and internal constituency giving subcommittees and oversee management of these groups.
- Manages a portfolio of $100k+ donors and prospects. Create and execute cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for major gift prospects. Work closely with colleagues to ensure appropriate and minimal amount of duplicate solicitation in crossover catchment areas.
- Develops and maintains senior level communication with CHE, hospital leadership and affiliates concerning goals and strategies to introduce funding priorities to major gift prospects and the community. Maintains high visibility with and participate in management groups and maintain a regular physical presence at the medical center. Ensures that fund raising strategies are consistent with hospital and network goals and work closely with leaders on collaborative projects.
- Collaborates effectively as part of the hospital’s leadership team to ensure that the hospital’s philanthropy objectives are met through developing important relationships with physicians, nurses, & staff to promote a culture of philanthropy and grateful patient prospect.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the development field.
- Experience with major gifts and capital campaigns, including an established track record in closing gifts of $100,000 or more independently.
- Experience in a healthcare environment, or a closely related field involving personal calls and relationship building.
- Highly functional with Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge and/or other fundraising/CRM management software.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.