Serves as a liaison between the patient, nursing and medical staff and the Food and Nutrition Department, regarding optimal nutrition care for the patient. Assess nutritional needs, develop individualized dietary plans, provides dietary counseling for in-house and out patients, aid in supervising tray-line employees and Food Service Reps, participates in in-service education for dietary employees and assure high quality meal service.
- Updates dietary cardex daily, to be used as a hand-off tool.
- Assess patients' nutrient needs and tolerance of diet given.
- Assess adequacy of diet ordered regarding patients' diagnosis and nutritional needs.
- Implements diet instruction when necessary or ordered by physician.
- Plan regular and modified menus according to established Patterns, in cooperation with dietetic assistants.
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service resulting in positive and improving patient satisfaction scores for department and Medical Center.
- Delegates duties and responsibilities as necessary to competent individuals.
- Aid in annual updating of diet manual in accordance to patients' needs and hospital guidelines.
- Contributes to overall departmental planning and coordination of services with other departments.
- Aids in instructing, supervising and evaluating Food Service Personnel.
- Aid in early diagnosis, early implementation of diet therapy, early education to reduce readmission.
- Practice AIDET, PRIDE, RESPECT for optimal customer service and satisfaction.
- Practice meet focused physical examination.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition on Dietetics.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of clinical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
- Registered Dietician License or registration eligible.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.