Prepares food for patients, employees and special functions as determined by daily production sheets, under the supervision of the Chef. Maintains high standards in personal hygiene and safety.
- Prepares and cooks food under the direction of Chef with established procedures and standardized recipes. Portions meats, fish and fowl and prepares foods as required for serving.
- Plans cooking schedule to have food ready on time.
- Assists in the cooking, roasting, stewing and steaming of meats, fish and fowl according to recipes, considering weight of meat, oven temperature and steam pressure to maintain food quality.
- Assists in the planning and preparation of a variety of main courses and special dietary requirements following standard or prescribed cooking methods and procedures.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe, and orderly manner.
- Notifies supervisor of faulty operation of equipment.
- Provides for the preservation of excess surplus food in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service resulting in positive and improving patient satisfaction scores for the department and Medical Center.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One (1) year of hospital, industrial or commercial experience as a cook.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.