Assistant Nurse Manager Labor & Delivery
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system
Provide clinical and administrative supervision of unit staff on a particular shift. Ensures delivery of excellent customer service resulting in positive and improving patient satisfaction scores for department and Medical Center. Demonstrates the ability to objectively analyze situations and take appropriate action.
- Communicates and collaborates with the Administrative Supervisor and the Director/Clinical coordinator on clinical and administrative matters.
- Demonstrates decision making and problem solving skills by:
a. Identifying urgent situations
b.Gathering and analyzing information
c. Acting to resolve the situation
- Demonstrates appropriate clinical and management judgment in the assignment of the staff.
- Communicates changes in policy and procedures to the staff
- Maintains adequate resources, supplies and equipment in the unit
- Plans in collaboration with the Director/Clinical Coordinator for the continuing education of the staff.
- Assists the Nursing Director/Clinical Coordinator in the maintenance of a balanced unit budget
Current RN New Jersey License, BSN . Minimum of 5 years maternity experience required. Three (3) to Five ( 5) years of supervisory experience preferred. Able to maintain flexible hours to meet unit needs. BCLS, ACLS, NRP required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.