IT Asset Management Administrator I
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The IT Asset Management Administrator I will act as a subject matter expert of Asset Management principles, concepts and practices. Responsible for managing process and standards for IT assets, control costs, and optimize both IT hardware and software investments throughout their lifecycle. Task oriented role that handles basic issues and problems around support and administrative level work that includes but it not limited to collecting equipment, information gathering, and delivering equipment. Refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1“Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of an IT Asset Management Administrator I at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Reports for emergency response and performs tasks assigned.
- Organizes and maintains equipment, parts, and tools.
- Ships equipment as needed.
- Follows surplus processes for disposal.
- Validates receiving documentation.
- Performs tasks associated with returning defective and broken items for warranty repair.
- Validates receipt of orders.
- Collaborates on annual capital equipment inventory and annual space inventory.
- Coordinates a physical inventory and tracks all hardware devices.
- As needed, may also assist with any of the following:
- Managing device loan program if applicable.
- Work with applicable technical teams to create, document, & publish hardware standards.
- Perform life cycle management.
- Track shipments.
- Create process maps and related documentation.
- Track and document purchase against budget.
- Obtain quotes.
- Create and process purchase requests.
- Manage warehouse inventory and access.
- Constantly monitor work environment for opportunities for improvement and implement improvement initiatives.
- Assists with preparation of operating, capital and project budgets in support of the ITS financial workflow as needed.
- Customer Service and Departmental Specific Goals:
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives.
- Adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards.
- Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Triages incidents and requests; resolves or routes to appropriate person or department.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills related to investigating and resolving customer concerns.
- Builds positive relationships with managers and staff in all areas.
- Provides a satisfying customer experience by interacting in a kind and pleasant manner.
- Prioritizes and responds promptly based on severity levels to needs of the customer.
- Proactively/timely recognize opportunities for service recovery and acts to resolve issues.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associates degree in IT or other related IT/health field; or a minimum of 2 or more years of experience working in an equivalent technical multi-discipline management position.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience in a technical multi-discipline management.
- Prior asset tracking experience.
- Strong organizational and independent thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with technical documentation.
- Ability to compute hardware and software.
- Requires judgment, creativity and demostrated knowledge of the field.
- Ability to manage problems, build collaborative relationships and drive strategic direction.
- Proven maturity and strength in working as part of a team and providing feedback to others.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively address problems and situations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) tools experience.
Licenses & Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM).
- Certified Hardware Asset Manager (CHAM).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.