How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) fulfills the administrative needs of the leader(s) to whom s/he supports. S/he works under the direction of his/her leader with a strong proficiency in handing more advanced administrative duties and assignments with a high degree of professional detail and confidentiality. The AA uses sound judgment in decision-making, problem-solving and project coordination in a fast-paced, high performance environment. S/he acts as a role model to peers fostering teamwork, collaboration, and integration among team members and leaders.
- Calendar and Meeting Coordination: Schedules appointments and maintains calendars. Coordinates meeting arrangements including room, equipment, and other specialty items as needed. Appointments are kept accurately. Arrangements for equipment are handled accurately and within the appropriate time constraints. Services are requested timely so that the staff has internal support services available when needed.
- Administrative and Clerical Support: Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the leader or department to include management of calendars, travel, expense reimbursement and document creation. Works closely and effectively with leader to keep him/her informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and aides in time management to keep leader on schedule. Prioritizes tasks given by manager at own discretion based upon knowledge of job. Organizes workflow, including scheduling projects and setting deadlines on behalf of leaders and/or work group. Coordinates meetings, trainings, and events with little or no supervision.
- Project Coordination: Demonstrates ability to coordinate projects to meet deliverables and timelines. Proactively anticipates work within the department and prioritizes tasks utilizing the skills of others as needed. Demonstrates outstanding time management skills and project follow-up. Sets up tracking and recordkeeping systems to keep leader and others on task.
- Office and/or Budget Coordination: Expense and budget reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. Department invoices are processed timely and the budgets are tracked and adhered to with little or no variance. May have some discretion in utilizing department budget. Handles office/department needs from supplies to vendor management.
- High School or GED required
- 2 Year / Associate Degree Business or Secretarial school preferred
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree Business, Healthcare, or related field
- 5 years of experience in Administrative support in a complex environment supporting middle to upper level management. Healthcare experience a strong plus required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.