VP, Regional Chief Medical Informatics Officer - South Region
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Reporting directly to the Hackensack Meridian Health Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, the Regional Chief Medical Informatics Officer (RCMIO) is a key clinical leader working closely with other Regional CMIOs and the regionally aligned CMO, CQO and the Hackensack Meridian Health VP of Clinical Applications to drive successful adoption and use of clinical informatics tools and technology. The RCMIO will lead the development of and implementation of cross-continuum clinical informatics system interventions to continuously improve the delivery of safe, efficient, high value and highly reliable clinical care to our patients and communities across the health network.
This position will focus on the south region of Hackensack Meridian Health that includes: Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Ocean Medical Center and Southern Ocean Medical Center and our physician practices located in the south region (e.g. MOnmouth and Ocean counties)
- To work with key stakeholders to drive effective use of clinical decision support, clinical data validation, workflows, etc to continuously improve use of clinical technology, provider satisfaction with clinical technology and overall quality and safety metrics.
- Team with service line leaders, CMOs, CQOs, nursing, and clinicians to design clinical informatics tools which are easy to use and improve patient outcomes and population health and organization-wide performance.
- Assist in workflow effectiveness and ease of use in the key clinical workflow areas such as CPOE, Medication Management, Progress notes, Clinical decision support, etc.
- Ensure technology-based solutions are aligned with the overall enterprise objectives of delivering exceptional patient care, adherence to patient safety practices, and a commitment to medical and clinical operational research.
- Leverage expertise in the design, implementation, optimization, and use of clinical information technology across diverse types of users.
- Design effective methods for presenting and utilizing secondary data, which enables the organization to manage and improve processes and outcomes of care.
- Lead and manage the development of structures and processes to evaluate, prioritize, and monitor proposed projects and enhancements over a multi-year time horizon
- Provide expertise for clinical data governance activities aimed to maximize data integrity and usability and participate in analytics oversight with other SMEs from the Physician Division and Quality.
- Evaluate the information needs of clinicians and identify methods to provide advanced decision- support tools.
- Participate in the design, optimization, and maintenance of clinical decision support tools including but not limited to drug-to-drug interaction checking, order sets, templates, smart-sets, smart-phrases, alerts, summaries, and algorithms.
- Chair clinical advisory groups across the system to ensure broad-based stakeholder input into the design and optimization of clinical IT systems.
- Engage patient care providers to assist in the adoption and effective use of clinical IT and analytical solutions.
- Optimize the strength of our integrated electronic health record solutions by linking inpatient and outpatient functionality.
- Serve as a champion in the development of clinical analytics systems capable of supporting innovative approaches to managing population of patients across the range of communities served by Hackensack Meridian Health and its care delivery partners.
- Collaborate with enterprise physician and nursing leadership to develop communication plans to effectively manage clinical technology change for the organization.
- Partner with key leaders to promote patient-centric solutions.
- Build relationships with external partners and colleagues to ensure Hackensack Meridian Health is seen as a setter of national trends and industry standards for the use of clinical systems to drive quality, safety and high-value care.
- No clinical activity during Hackensack Meridian Health IT’s core hours of operation.
- Create and implement policies and guidelines related to Health Information Technology.
- ABMS board certified MD or DO
- License to practice medicine in a state or territory within the United States
- Certification in one or more clinical Epic modules
- Minimum of five years of experience at the level of director or above in the area of clinical informatics
- Board certified in Clinical Informatics
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.