Vdi Infrastructure Eng Iii
The VDI Infrastructure Engineer III (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) maintains the organization's IT infrastructure, which may include hardware, software, servers, storage solutions, networks, or physical facilities. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter. May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to level I & II Infrastructure Engineers.
1.Implement application virtualization and coordinates testing with application owner teams.
2. Creates, manages and implements gold images/build packages and application packages for VMware/Citrix environment.
3. Plan and maintain the VDI environment utilizing industry standard best practices.
4. Provide VDI architectural direction.
5. Plan, organize, direct and maintain infrastructure and documentation of VDI.
6. Ensure high availability of the operation state of the VDI.
7. Engage in capacity plan exercises to ensure adequate system resources.
8. Maintains the organization's IT infrastructure.
9. Configures, installs, maintains, and provides support for critical software and hardware components.
10. Monitors system availability and troubleshoots and resolves connectivity interruptions.
11. Measures and improves performance and scalability.
12. Helps develop disaster recovery or business continuity plans.
13. Responsible for basic management of storage solutions.
14. Produces documentation for systems and procedures.
15. Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new trends.
16. Virus Management, Assist in the day-to-day tasks critical patching, vulnerability remediation, meeting desired state and configurations.
17. Must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift or on-call schedules when necessary.
18. Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.
19. Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
1. Bachelor's degree is required preferably in Information Technology/Math/Computer Science or related field.
2. Four or more years of experience in IT working with VDI desktop administration and supporting Information Technology Infrastructure.
3. Proficient knowledge of VDI best practices.
4. Knowledge of windows Server Operating Systems.
5. Knowledge of Security concepts and technologies, including PCI & PHI understanding.
6. Knowledge of VMware, vSphere and Horizon View.
7. Knowledge of enterprise-scale patch management & related maintenance methodologies.
8. Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DBS, DHCP & DFS.
9. Knowledge of Enterprise storage, EMC, SAN, NAS.
10. Knowledge of network principles, protocols & Technologies.
11. Knowledge of Horizon View VDI Citrix virtualization technologies.
12. Knowledge of EMC Avamar backup & Recovery Including DR.
13. Ability to multitask and strong analytical skills.
14. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
15. Problem solving and critical thinking skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
16. Strong organization skills.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.