Telecommunications Engineer I
The Telecommunication Engineer I is responsible for repairing and maintaining legacy and non-legacy telephone communication systems throughout their assigned north/south Medical Center(s). Monitors and maintains IT telecommunications customer helpdesk support queue. Provides customer-facing and remote first level support. Responsible for maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting activities primarily occurring in a healthcare setting within the broad scope of the overall telecommunications function. The position will also provide supports for new technologies that include Unified Communication (UC) solutions that enable the integration of enterprise services that include, but are not limited to; email, instant messaging, presence, telephone voice, voice messaging, and wireless telephone mobility. The position also provide supports for call centers applications that include interactive-voice-response IVR, automated attendant console solutions, voice recording, critical and encrypted messaging, telephone conferencing, wireless nurse call system integration, cellular in-building, radio paging, and e-FAX. The Support UC and other complex systems will require a collaborative effort with I.T. subject matter experts across a multi discipline I.T. environment. Typically, the more complex issues will be elevated to a next level engineer. Solutions are often supported in hospitals where service reliability critical. Requires travel between HMH hospitals and other HMH entities. Requires strong interpersonal skills that are in alignment with providing high caliber customer service. This position also requires a scheduled on-call rotation.
- Sets up new users and relocates existing users with telephone extensions, calling features, voice mail, critical and encrypted messaging includes legacy and UC solutions.
- Trains new users in the operation of telecommunications solutions including legacy and UC.
- Manages and resolves customer service tickets.
- Escalates unresolved or major issues to next level engineer.
- Supports Unified Communication solutions in a multi-vendor multi-platform environment.
- Supports and configures legacy VoWLAN wireless that is SIP based or proprietary based.
- Supports IOS and Droid for urgent and non urgent critical and encrypted messaging with interoperability support for customer’s machine-to-machine (M2M) application(s). Examples of M2M include integration of wireless to nurse call, patient transportation messaging automation, environmental services automation, emergency messaging group automation, etc.
- Implements and troubleshoots telecommunication networking solutions that rely on router switches, servers, fiber, copper, leased circuits, and proprietary/nonproprietary networking protocols.
- Installs, tests, and troubleshoots third-party telephone and data services that are mainly delivered in the form of high-capacity (High-Cap) services that include ISP, MPLS, Private IP, Ethernet private line, and SIP Trunking.
- Provides and maintains proficiency associated with a large multi-carrier diverse portal environment that is intended to deliver customer on-demand capabilities that include reporting, testing, configuring, and ticketing for service related issues.
- Requires strict adherence to the continuous maintenance of large databases that define HMH configurations and third-party service objects at more than 300 locations.
- Supports system upgrades minor and major including general maintenance.
- Assists with the Design, development, configuration, and support of backup communication solutions (includes high availability HA) with a starting focus on achieving total business continuity as the goal.
- Assists with the maintenance of lifecycle documentation that details major system and service installations with a focus on efficient system and service recovery from failure
- Tests and evaluates proposed new hardware and software to determine interoperability, efficiency, and reliability.
- Provides regular written status reports pertaining to projects and/ or service issues.
- Lifts a minimum of 25 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 75 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies
- Other Duties as assigned.
- A one year certificate from a college or technical school.
- A minimum of two years related work experience.
- Basic Familiarization with: VoIP, VoWLAN, CISCO CNPP, SSL, Jabber, XML, Visio, SQL, MS Access, SIP, RTP, WCTP, IOS, Android, MSP MS Server 2012, Linux OS.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.