How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Jersey Shore University Medical Center is a level 3 trauma center. We have 17 operating rooms. All of the cases are specialty related, it is a high volume, high acuity, faced paced environment. We are considered a hybrid OR, and have lots of state of the art equipment and machines. The waiting rooms, and areas of the OR were just redone. The new Suites, provide team members with a fully integrated, high-tech operating room environment. The surgical suites were built to provide patients with the best possible care and the surgical team with the ultimate in ease and convenience. The team is now able to easily regulate the surgical lights, control the equipment used during laparoscopic procedures, take pictures, video, or DVDs to document pathology. This is a faced pace, high volume OR. There is a lot of cross-training available. You get the opportunity to specialize in one area for a while, and then can move to another speciality area later on. This is a great opportunity to learn, and you get to go through a very comprehensive orientation. There is a lot of flexibility as a Surgical Tech. Since we are open 24/7, there are Day, Eve, and Night shifts available. You can work a 10 hour or 12 hour shift. You must be willing to be on-call (on a rotating basis). You get to work with the great Doctors, Surgeons, Registered Nurses and others throughout the hospital. Surgical Techs at Jersey Shore University Medical Center always celebrate our beliefs - Compassionate, Creative, Courageous, andCollaborative. Our team is flexible, friendly, dependable, respectful, and positive.
A day in the life of a Surgical Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Setting up the operating room prior to surgery
- Stocking surgical supplies
- Checking surgical machines and equipment
- Transporting patients to and from surgery when necessary
- Passing instruments to surgeons during surgery
- Assist with minor medical procedure
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- You must meet the NJ requirements under the Surgical Technologist law to be considered for this opportunity
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Surgical Tech Program and a Certified Surgical Tech
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1 year surgical scrub experience which is preferred
- National certification is preferred
- Must be self starter who works well independently
- Time management and prioritizing skills a must
- Ability to multi task
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.