Student Intern, Diversity and Inclusion
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Duration of internship: Summer 2019 (10 weeks)
Location: 1430 Route 34, Neptune, NJ 07753
Work closely with the Diversity & Inclusion team with the development, design, and planning of Hackensack Meridian Health’s diversity & inclusion strategies, events and special projects. The intern will assist with various initiatives:
- Development of D&I data scorecard
- Support various D&I programs, e.g., Team Member Resource Groups, Advisory and Steering Committees, etc.
Research D&I trends and best practices for Diversity Training materials, Cultural Recognitions, etc.
- Current student (BA/BS or Master's level) enrolled in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field at an accredited college/university
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Efficient communication and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to intercultural competence
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2019. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.