Student Intern, Clinical Research
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Duration of internship: Summer 2020 (10 weeks)
Location: Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, NJ
- Primarily involved in research project under a research coordinator and investigator mentor with a focus on cancer care.
- Initial phone screenings and input/regularly update all patient information into CTMS database
- Work with the lead Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) on enrolling trials to develop a recruitment cheat sheet for use in screening new patients
- Coordinate with CRC’s to determine if a patient fits the trial criteria for all eligible trials and effectively schedule new patient screening visits
- Follow up with any patients who are scheduled more than a week out in order to maintain their interest in the trial and to ensure they understand the trial eligibility requirements
- Suggest and implement new patient recruitment initiatives (i.e. display boards, pamphlets and other in-office advertising initiatives
- Become proficient in the CTMS database and gain a full understanding of how new/existing patient information should be captured and updated
- Document and maintain CTMS database inputting new patient screenings
- Attend office hours with assigned physician(s)
- Attend OR with assigned physician(s)
- Data Management utilizing the redcap system and/or hard copy tools
- Ensures all data is entered into the CRF or electronic database accurately
- College student who plans to pursue a career in a medical and/or clinical research field.
- Resident of NJ
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prior history with HMH Summer Intern - preferred
- Own transportation to the hospital
- Highly proficient in computer software applications including the entire Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly persistent and energetic professional style
- Self-motivated and driven to reach assigned goals/objectives
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.