How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Our Respiratory Therapists demonstrate our culture in the following ways:
- Compassionate - we are comprised of team members with good hearts who are conscientious in their practice.
- Collaborative - we work with interdisciplinary teams when caring for every patient.
- Creative - as therapists we are creative in many ways when treating our patients.
- Courageous - we are very strong at intubating and we are a dedicated resource for airway management.
A day in the life of a Respiratory Therapist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Providing respiratory therapy under medical direction, in the education, treatment, management, & diagnostic evaluation and care of patients in the hospital with deficiencies of the cardiopulmonary system.
- Performing Intubation assistance as well as Ventilator set-up & management.
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including patient specific disease education as well as testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate.
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement.
- Provides and documents education to patients/caregivers based upon identified needs in an understandable manner.
- Current and valid New Jersey Respiratory Care license and Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist is required
- BLS/CPR by American Heart Association, ACLS, and PALS required within 6 months of hire
- Two (2) or more years of critical care experience is preferred
- NICU and PiCU experience is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, please apply today!
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.