Research Finance Administrator
On behalf of Jersey Shore University Medical Center's research department, the Research Finance Administrator negotiates, administers, extends, terminates, and renegotiates Industry, Foundation and Private Funded Clinical Trial Budgets. Researches and interprets relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards, and oversees the processing of contracts and budgets. Provides financial analysis and Medicare coverage analysis for clinical trial budgets.
- Serves as a central negotiator and liaison between Hackensack Meridian Research Enterprise, funding agencies, and contract entities; researches; drafts, and approves formal responses to requests for proposals, quotation, contracts, and agreements.
- Assists in the formulation of processes and procedures for negotiation of contract and budget to meet Hackensack Meridian Research Enterprise requirements; researches appropriate federal, state, and local requirements to facilitate compliance by all parties; assists in arbitration and resolution of conflicting interests, as necessary.
- Coordinates receipt of funding and contract documentation; maintains proposal and funding records, and prepares scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses. Provides a list of all sponsored clinical trials to research and finance administration.
- Assists in developing all sponsored and internal sponsored clinical trials budgets. Creates clinical trial enrollment/subject management logs for each clinical trial to track and monitor research related activity (patient enrollment, follow-up visits, study closure, etc.).
- Monitors receipt of clinical trial payments from Sponsors. Distributes clinical trial funds to its appropriate department and/or research accounts based on the internal budget. Invoices Sponsors for research related fees and ensures quality cash management practices.
- Resolves outstanding billing/payment discrepancies with the sponsors. Processes patient reimbursements and other related administrative duties. Updates research accounts and provides financial activity reports to the Principal Investigators and department Administrators.
- Guides and facilitates staff in the development and preparation budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Assists with development and implementation of a Clinical Trial Management System.
- Participates and/or assists in special projects, and performs associated administrative duties, as assigned.
- Completes all other necessary duties with attention to detail and in a timely manner.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified is required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.