Registered Nurse, Mental Health Inpatient Unit
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Jersey Shore's Inpatient Psychiatric Unit provides treatment for adults who voluntarily seek treatment for acute exacerbation of a mental illness and who require inpatient treatment for stabilization and safety. The unit is designed to keep patients in the area, near families, friends, and other support systems throughout their treatment. Our unit offers:
- Medication management
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
Our licensed 30-bed facility is staffed by a multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, physician specialists, psychiatric registered nurses, psychiatric social workers, occupational therapists, psychologists, substance abuse staff, and other medical personnel. The unit's philosophy is that, "Rapid, short-term intervention can often prevent long-term problems from developing." The average length of stay is about eight days.
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the most up-to-date evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient care.
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status, rendered care and treatment plans.
- Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
- Ongoing Point-of-Care electronic documentation of each individual patient’s assessments, plan-of-care, interventions and evaluation of rendered care.
- Patient and family centered education aimed at optimizing health, wellness and disease management.
- Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- Current and valid RN license in the State of New Jersey is required
- Active American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification is required
- One (1) or more years of psychiatric or mental health nursing experience is required
- BSN preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.