Phlebotomist - Pediatric Specialty (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Phlebotomist collects accurate and complete blood specimens from inpatients and outpatients in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures and Federal/State regulations and for providing customer service support.
A day in the life of a Phlebotomist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Properly identifies patient.
- Interprets physician orders, orders appropriate tests to ensure complete and accurate specimen for testing
- Explains collection procedures and provides general testing and information as needed to facilitate patient understanding and reduce anxiety
- Draws blood samples and sends to laboratory for analysis
- Properly labels specimens as per SOP
- Maintains records of test performed and blood samples taken.
- Restocks inventory to ensure adequate supply
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certified Phlebotomist highly preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.