How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The pharmacist is responsible for the overall pharmaceutical care of the patient. This includes the processing of medications, evaluation of drug therapy, preparation of sterile products, and patient education. The pharmacist interacts with other members of the health care team, including physicians and registered nurses.
A day in the life of a Pharmacist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Processing medication orders
- Reviewing patient medication histories as needed
- Reviewing patient medication profiles
- Determining alternatives for achieving outcomes
- Educating patients on drug therapy Monitoring patient outcomes
- Monitoring potential adverse, drug-drug, and drug-food interactions
- Preparing compounded sterile solutions using aseptic technique
- Supervise technicians
- Maintain documentation and control of controlled substances
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited college of Pharmacy required. Pharm D. strongly preferred
- MUST be a NJ Licensed Pharmacist
- Minimum (1) year Pharmacist experience preferred
- Hospital based experience preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.