How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Perioperative Associate at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provides support to perioperative services, including Main Operating Room, Ambulatory Surgery Center, ENDO and supporting departments (Anesthesia, SPD, PACU, etc.)
- Accurately records booking information. Completely and accurately records patient information, surgeon(s), procedure(s), insurance, pre-admission test and other information submitted by surgeon's offices to book a surgical case
- Accurately enters staffing in perioperative information system
- Prepares charts to meet anesthia guidelines
- Accurately records all staffing from operative records, including surgeon(s), anesthesiologist(s), nursing and ancillary staff
- Coordinates OR schedule schedule to minimize down time for financial reasons; Consistently avoids gaps in surgical schedule by frequently reorganizing same before final printing deadline
- Communicates scheduling changes or conflicts to managers and others as necessary; Changes or conflicts are addressed in a timely manner without disruption in service
- Reviews and corrects charges based on current operating procedures
- Provides daily coverage for Unit Secretary, including phone contact with customers; Perform administrative duties to faciliate patient care
- Provides unit secretarial coverage as requested to Endoscopy Department, including scheduling of all Endo procedures, registering patients, answering phones, and post-case billing
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Associates degree is preferred
- Knowledge of Billing and Medical Terminology required
- Experience working with MS Office Word/Excel is required
- Must have billing experience in a surgical environment, physician office, hospital or ambulatory surgical center
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, please apply today!
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.