Pediatric Residency Program Director
Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking a Pediatric Residency Program Director to lead a successful Pediatric Residency Program. This position is a full time, benefits eligible opportunity at K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, New Jersey. The structure of this position will be split 50/50 between program responsibilities and practicing his/her own specialty. The Pediatric Program Director will report directly to the Chair of Pediatrics.
The ideal candidate for this position will be Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, and motivated to bring this already successful program to the next academic level. Candidates should also have a strong background in education and curriculum development, great communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with peers and other departments.
Our Pediatric Residency Program currently has 9 first year, 9 second year, and 9 third year residents, and a PGY 4 chief resident. The program is part of Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University.
- Teaching and support of Residents and Medical Students
- Evaluation of Resident progress
- Knowledge of career counseling and career options in Pediatrics
- Ensuring compliance with ACGME guidelines and respective Residency Review Committees
- Developing curriculum
- Coordinating or presenting lectures
- Participating in annual selection of Residency applicants
- MD or DO degree and Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Eligible to obtain medical licensure in New Jersey
- At least 3 years experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME accredited pediatric residency program
- Ongoing involvement in peer-reviewed publications
- Experience in a leadership role
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.