Patient Transport Aide
Hackensack Meridian Health is holding an interview day and is searching for
Patient Transportation Aides!
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
*Full/Part Time Positions Available*
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration!
Candidates who qualify will receive further instructions
Become a part of the team that is changing healthcare at the speed of life!
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
Patient Transport Aide is responsible for performing physical transportation and movement of patients to and from various units, rooms and Imaging modalities.
A day in the life of a Patient Transport Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Transporting patients safely throughout the hospital, and clinics utilizing a computerized patient transport system and following all departmental guidelines.
- Transporters must identify patients to make sure they're taking the right patient for the right test, and keep nursing personnel updated on their patient's identification.
- Requirements also include moving equipment and lab specimens from one area to another.
- Patient transporters must clean and disinfect equipment and setup equipment.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) strongly preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Heavy pulling, pushing and lifting are required (50lbs or more).
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, alternating weekends and holidays.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers
- An exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.