OR Service Coordinator - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
As a member of the Jersey Shore University Medical Center team, you will be part of one of the premier hospitals in New Jersey. This teaching hospital is the only Level II Trauma and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in Monmouth and Ocean counties. The medical center’s programs and services have received national recognition, including designation as high-performing in cardiac, stroke, surgical and oncology services. Jersey Shore is also recognized as the first hospital in New Jersey to have implanted the Micra Transcatheter Pacing System – the world’s smallest pacemaker, and is one of the elite facilities in the region to perform robotic-assisted minimally invasive Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery and Transcarotid Arterial Revascularization.
Our team members in the OR are part of a collaborative and energetic team, working with surgeons who are on the forefront of their specialties. Some highlights include:
- Performing LVAD procedures as part of the Advanced Heart Failure program
- Attracting international patients for procedures performed through the Center for Treatment of Paralysis and Reconstructive Nerve Surgery to treat paralysis and nerve damage
- Performing advanced oncology procedures, such as hepatobiliary cancer surgery
- Nearing completion of a new state-of-the-art hybrid suite for cardiac and neurosurgery, which features a custom designed Biplane digital imaging system that integrates intravascular ultrasound, dynamic CT imaging, angiography and other imaging technologies.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Vendors/physicians and physician offices
- Assists with cost saving initiatives, working with the leadership and Business Manager for OR
- Assists teams to ensure sterilization process is adhered to. Works with SPD to obtain recommended policies and parameters to effectively provide sterilization of equipment/instrumentation
- Assists with in-service and training for staff on specialty related equipment and instrumentation. Provides on-going review of related topics to personnel at all levels
- Acts as a Preceptor for new staff working closely with the OR Educator
- Coordinates pre-procedure phone calls, post-procedure phone calls, and data collection for Outcomes studies/PI projects
- Delegates work assignments to the appropriate team members to ensure quick, safe room turn overs, equipment preparation and transport/monitoring patients. Work is delegated fairly among available knowledgeable staff. Will cover any specialty need as it arises themselves by relief in case of staffing need
- Ensures all supplies and equipment is available by making rounds, attending Scheduling Huddle to coordinate to avoid any equipment conflicts. Ensures all equipment is available, functioning and has been checked by Bio-med if necessary
- Current and valid New Jersey Registered Nurse license is required
- An Active American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification is required
- 2 years of multi service OR RN experience required
- 1-2 years of OR leadership experience preferred
- CNOR preferred
- BSN preferred
- Computer skills required, knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, and EMR system preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.