Nus Monitor Tech
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a NUS Monitor Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performing clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and documentation of patient information while prioritizing and organizing work assignments based on changing needs and situations in the department
- Greeting patients and families. Assisting them in filling out necessary forms and paperwork.
- Completing admission and discharge paper work and file processing
- Developing a rapport and cooperative relationship with nursing and clinical staff and responding to questions/requests from healthcare providers
- Organizing and filing medical information appropriately
- Answering the phones and call bell and communicating clearly when receiving information from other units, physicians and/or guests
- Safeguarding sensitive medical information and practicing strict procedures in handling confidentiality of data pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors
- Measuring and interpreting patient’s heart rhythm and documents on patient record per departmental standards. Uses clear and complete communication with unit personnel when delivering information about changes in patient rhythm
- Adhering to confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors.
- Completing other/varied tasks as necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the department
- High School Diploma Or General Equivalent Diploma Required
- Successful completion of the Hackensack Meridian Health Monitor Tech Exam is required
- Nursing Unit Secretary work experiences in department-Hospital Setting is strongly desired
- Current & Active NUS Monitor Tech work experience strongly desired
- BLS/CPR certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) is required
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology of the heart is strongly preferred
- Computer, order entry, basic Microsoft office, and excellent communication skills required.
- Must enjoy working with patients and families.
- Must be flexible and able to rapidly adjust to changes in census. Ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times to emergent and non-emergent requests.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.