Nurse Manager - NICU
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
Jersey Shore University Medical Center is part of the Hackensack Meridian Health network, the premier healthcare system in New Jersey. Our nurses, physicians and staff work collaboratively in a supportive environment dedicated toward excellence in patient care, teaching, and research.
Located minutes from the best New Jersey beaches and just an hour from New York and Philadelphia, Jersey Shore University Medical Center gives you the best of both worlds – professionally and personally. Our NICU provides one of the highest levels of care in Monmouth and Ocean counties to critically ill newborns and those at risk of complications after birth. We are a Level II trauma center, Level III NICU, and a designated a Baby Friendly Institution. Jersey Shore University Medical Center has received an A grade from LeapFrog and a designation as a Top Hospital.
We currently have an incredible opportunity for a motivated and experienced Nurse Manager at our award winning medical center.
- The Nurse Manager is responsible for the administrative, clinical, human resources management and professional development of the 68+ staff in patient care areas.
- S/He is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, controlling evaluating and adjusting all aspects of the department that ensure continued growth and will increase quality and service in measurable terms for all components of the service.
- Responsible and accountable for daily operations to achieve best practice and organizational objectives.
- The Nurse Manager is expected to demonstrate age appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care delivered to patients and the 24-hour accountability and responsibility for the 34 bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Current and valid New Jersey nursing license is required
- Active American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR, NRP certification is required
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree in Nursing strongly preferred
- 3 to 5+ years of recent progressive acute care nursing management experience is required
- Prior NICU, maternal/child, or critical care experience required.
- Nationally Certified in Specialty is required
- Must be able to multi-task, have financial skills and excellent communication skills with patients, family and staff.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.