How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Medical Technologist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Determining normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices
- Preparing reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintaining patient confidence and protects the hospital by keeping information confidential.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols; following identification procedures.
- Providing medical technology information by answering questions and requests.
- Ensuring operation of laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Conserving laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Associate in Science (AS) in Medical Technology required
- Bachelor of Science (BS) preferred in Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science or related is preferred
- One to three years as Generalist-Chemistry/Hematology/Transfusion Services experience preferred. Will consider a new grad
- Must have your Certification or be eligible for your certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Knowledge of FDA Regulations, Lab Environment, Clinical Lab Testing, Chemistry Techniques, Equipment maintenance, Use of Medical terminology
- Organization, Attention to details, Computer, order entry, basic Microsoft office, and excellent documentation and communication skills required
- Ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times to emergent and non-emergent requests.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.