Manager, IT Project Management Office
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The Mgr, IT Project Mgmt Office is responsible for the overall direction and management of projects through designated project managers, ensuring consistency with Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network strategy, consistency of process across projects and customer satisfaction with the implementation process. Provides overall direction of the Project Management Office, providing services to the organizations portfolio of projects. Services include establishing guidelines, planning, scheduling, estimating, costing and assessing project risks.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1 “Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of a Manager, IT Project Management Office at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Communicates with other IT team members through timely and accurate documentation in project management tools, whiteboard notifications and emails.
- Conducts regular team meetings to discuss issues and concerns and to plan tasks and projects.
- Implements and monitors documentation processes for the team.
- Establishes a repository of lessons learned and best practices for project management
- Clarifies the role of project management in the organizations. Accepts and applies constructive criticism and suggestions, professionally dealing with unexpected frustrations
- Defines and initiates efforts which improve service, increase efficiency or reduce expenses
- Supports the department's goals and objectives and all team members
- Establishes project management policies, guidelines, metrics, technology methodologies and templates for the IT department and the HMH network.
- Recruits and establishes a cadre of skilled Project Management staff.
- Prioritizes projects to ensure consistency with HMH network strategy.
- Manages overall coordination of projects, from planning through implementation, setting scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Facilitates discussions and consensus among various project stakeholders including analysts, programmers, customers, and other departments
- Coordinates work with vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Reports project status to IT leaders and IT Steering Committee
- Ensures issues lists are maintained and issues are addressed timely for all major projects.
- Prepares for upcoming project requirements by adequately budgeting and assigning staff
- Continually seeks level of technical knowledge necessary to effectively manage technical and application project managers through education/training and reading.
- Seeks assistance from other technical experts as necessary to manage processes and resources
- Serves as a liaison to senior IT management in area of expertise
- Analyzes issues and sorts through recommendations to develop technical and programmatic solutions
- Assists team and other teams with translating project requests into project plans and scope documents
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's level degree in business management or other related health field.
- Five or more years of experience in project management leadership, including the execution of large-scale portfolios, programs, and/or projects.
- Five or more years of experience in people leadership, including direct experience leading, managing and mentoring teams.
- Two or more years of experience in managing a Project Management Office (PMO) function, including governance, project management framework and process, and strategic planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills related to technical and/or application projects.
- Ability to use all resources to achieve project results and goals.
- Ability to lead project team members to focus and achieve goals
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies and frameworks.
- Ability to support & triage escalations, engage appropriate teams on progress.
- Ability to document and refine process documentation.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and across multiple team environments.
- Excellent collaboration, team building, organizational and relationship management skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's level degree in business management or other related health field.
- Knowledge of and experience working within the healthcare industry.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.