Manager, Business Applications
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Mgr, Business Applications is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Hackensack Meridian Health's (HMH) hospital-wide information Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems network and all computer-based information systems. Will be a hands-on individual and responsible for designing information technology solutions that take advantage of existing organizational assets, follow enterprise business processes and integrate into the existing technology infrastructure to solve business problems for HMH. Will take an IT project through envisioning and design while remaining consultative to the project management, development and implementation teams during the development and deployment phases, ensuring the project stays true to architecture, timelines and budgets.
A day in the life of Manager, Business Applications at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists in the implementation of HMH hospital-wide information system network in accordance with the Information Technology Strategic Plan for HMH.
- Works with Information Technology (IT) Management to establish technology effectiveness, identifies problems, and implements corrective actions and/or systems improvements.
- Works with IT Management to establish guidelines for system integrity, maintenance and optimal performance.
- Establishes and maintains standards for systems selection (technical requirements); testing of related software and hardware, and the development of operational procedure manuals for the department.
- Establishes and maintains procedures to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and security of systems maintained on our information network.
- Responsible for the line of business and ERP applications supporting Human Resources, Payroll, Finance, Accounting, Materials Management and Supply Chain.
- (Additional Systems such as, but not limited to: Lawson, Kronos, Clairvia Enterprise wide Scheduling, KABA B-Comm, IVR, PeopleSoft Directory Interface, PeopleSoft Interaction HUB, MySuccess, E-Learning, ICIMS, @PAR, GHX and Phire Change Management).
- Manages Oracle application development & maintenance (modules include, but are not limited to: Time and Labor, Absence Management, E-Compensation, Position Management, PeopleSoft AP Check Printing, Financial Consolidation, E-Benefits, Benefits Administration, User Productivity Kit, PeopleSoft Testing Tool, Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service).
- Manages business automation, vendor interfaces, EDI Integration and Epic Integration (i.e. Epic OpTime with PeopleSoft Materials Management and Epic Resolute Hospital Billing with PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain).
- Stays abreast of industry trends and makes recommendations regarding the enhancement of technology and systems capabilities in all areas of Information Technology.
- Designs, develops, implements and enforces a framework of IT best practices for developing and deploying technology solutions, so that they align with HMH core goals and strategic direction.
- Works with departments to gather requirements, selects the technologies that provide the best solution, and then identifies the products available that will best fit the solution proposed, integrate with the existing IT infrastructure and can be supported by HMH support staff.
- Key areas of focus include integration, work flow, and applications.
- Prepares weekly, monthly and as requested activity reports on unit activities, projects status and schedules for management, department and user personnel to assure adequate communication.
- Introduced Weekly report on projects and assignments to all reports to see the progress on day 1.
- Uses multiple technologies to solve problems and provide metrics and measurements. Possess strong technical and leadership skills.
- Links HMH mission, strategy, and processes to its IT strategy, and documents this using models or views to ensure the current and future needs of HMH will be sustainable and adaptable.
- Starts work with limited and ambiguous information and as project progresses, makes tradeoff decisions to keep a solution on target, on task, and still satisfy the requirements that were initially identified.
- Reviews research and forms strategies on new trends in technology and architecture to best position IT solutions to take advantage of future technology and healthcare business trends.
- Understands project and solution life cycles and determines how solutions will be managed through and after deployment.
- Maintains the ability to quickly learn and gain experience in new technologies in order to modify existing frameworks and business processes used to achieve a solution to business problems.
- Demonstrates skills as a technologist and persuades staff regarding validity and approach to solutions.
- Collaborates with the other Managers and Team Leaders in Information Technology to review projects, manage the Change Management process, identify resources needed, assigns individual project tasks to team members and coordinate project schedules.
- Recruit, manage, coach, mentor and develop a proactive, service oriented team of direct reports.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Responsible for business automation, including paperless workflows and barcode scanning.
- Manage change management process to comply with annual external audit and annual IT audit by External Accounting Firm.
- Negotiates Hardware and Software License Agreement, such as, but not limited to Oracle.
- Maximizes effectiveness of installed business systems, before introducing new systems and technologies.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in the area of Information Technology or Healthcare.
- Minimum of 8 or more years of in-depth experience in technology implementation and support, with at least three years in a managerial capacity.
- Understanding of technologies and processes such as, but not limited to: Applications, Client and Server Hardware, Intranet/Extranet/Internet applications, Databases, Networking, IT Operations, IT Security, HIPAA and Remote Access.
- Strong knowledge of Client/Server technology and its use within business applications.
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented and Enterprise Architecture frameworks.
- Knowledge of Virtualization (Applications, Servers and Storage).
- Knowledge of Project Management/Methodology, Time Management, Resource Management.
- Knowledge of SDLC - Software Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge of MS Project for Gantt Charts, Resource Tracking and Project Timelines.
- Knowledge of MS Visio for Workflows and DFD (Data Flow Diagrams) and System Diagrams.
- Experience in preparing annual IT budgets.
- Prior supervisory / management experience.
- Good judgment in making decisions related to technical and/or application issues.
- Ability to proactively recommend technical/applications solutions using technical knowledge necessary to effectively manage resources.
- Ability to clearly articulate information to end users.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 15+ years PeopleSoft functional HR experience including managing multiple projects and people, driving operational efficiency and superb oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing one or more modules in a PeopleSoft 9.x environment; including HCM, FCM or project Campus Solutions.
- Significant experience leading large, complex projects in a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in Finance, Human Resources/Payroll.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.